Currently, we are seeking applications from like-minded, self-motivated individuals for the position of Construction Manager. We take pride in providing great careers for hard working individuals who have a positive attitude and take pride in their work. We offer competitive wages, benefits, a fun work environment, and an awesome company culture.
Who We Are
Remuda Building is a builder headquartered in Rocky View County, Alberta. The business was founded in 2014 to better serve the needs of customers who wanted a broader range of services related to the construction of post frame buildings.
Today, Remuda is known across the prairies for quality post frame buildings, for unique finishing’s and distinct designs, and for extraordinary customer service. The staff at Remuda pride themselves on rising to challenges and delivering on promises.
We are a company of hard working specialists who value our customers, each other, and a job well done. We care about our community and our neighbours, and we try to give back at every opportunity.
If this sounds like a group of people you’d like to work with and a role you are excited to jump into, we welcome your application. Our head office is located just outside of Calgary, AB (Hwy 1 at Hwy 9).
What You’ll Do
As the Construction Manager, you will work with in-house and field personnel to provide overall project performance. You will ensure schedule, costs, quality, customer satisfaction and the integrity of the design are maintained. You will work closely with the respective departments and maintain excellent relationships with subcontractors and clients.
- Achieve the project budget and meet or exceed targets
- Meet or beat the project milestones and schedule
- Prepare detailed construction schedules and track on a weekly basis and present a Monthly Report
- Deliver scope while meeting or exceeding ensure that all work performed meets Remuda Building’s high standards of quality workmanship
- Coach, motivate and facilitate the construction team and suppliers to achieve project budget, scope, retention, and scheduling
- Ensure Remuda Safety practices are being followed and report any infractions in order to ensure safety of employees, sub-trades and community
- Along with the project coordinator, interview, hire, train and develop competent, skilled crews and crew leads to build to Remuda’s high standards.
- Analyze, interpret, and execute action on cost forecasts
- Identify suitable service offerings and recommendations for clients.
Who You Are
- You collaborate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds (team members, clients, and the community) in a clear and articulate way.
- You are candid and comfortable when working with our internal teams and external partners. You enjoy working in a cross-functional collaborative environment alongside your colleagues.
- You have excellent time management and prioritization skills; you get things done right within short timeframes.
- You are solution oriented; you discover and fix issues without being told to do so.
- You are able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail.
- You lead, mentor and support teams to enhance their technical skills and knowledge, providing them with feedback for growth.
- You learn from your mistakes and welcome feedback from your supervisors and peers.
- You are highly skilled, experienced, and enjoy orchestrating projects with many moving parts.
- You are a relationship builder with strong client management skills. You present a positive and professional image of our business operations to external clients.
- You demonstrate consistently strong performance, so your colleagues can rely on you.
Applicants that meet the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in construction and project management with a general contractor on residential/ commercial/ agriculture projects.
- Post-secondary diploma or a degree in a related discipline
- Strong technical knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and able to analyze plans, specifications, and proposals.
- Knowledge of Alberta and Canadian Construction Regulations
- Ability to act as a team player
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with construction software
- Ability to analyze and problem solve alongside teammates and individually as required
- Ability to make difficult decisions in a timely and responsible manner
- The position requires a strong work ethic and leadership amongst team members
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- This position requires travel to different sites and work on a variety of projects, often multiple projects at one time
Please note that frequent local travel to job sites and travel to out-of-town sites will be required as necessary.
- Cover letter
- List of commercial/residential projects, location, and dollar value in the past 5-10 years
- Send all documents attention Steve Schouten
- Flexible work life balance
- Modern office 15 minutes east of Calgary, AB near Langdon.
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience
- Extended medical benefits
- Life, Disability, Prescription, Extended Health, Dental
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.