Join our dynamic team at Remuda, a leading player in the building materials industry, dedicated to simplifying the procurement process for contractors in Southern Alberta. We take pride in offering competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, a vibrant work environment, and fostering an outstanding internal company culture. If you’re ready to be a part of a growing enterprise, we encourage you to apply.
Today, Remuda is a trusted name in the prairies, known for exceptional post-frame buildings, unique designs, and a wide range of building materials. The staff at Remuda pride themselves on rising to challenges and delivering on promises.
We are a company of hardworking specialists who value our customers, each other, and a job well done. We care about our community and neighbours, and we try to give back at every opportunity.
If this sounds like a group of people you’d like to work with and a role you are excited to jump into, we welcome your application. Our head office is located outside of Calgary, AB (Hwy 1 at Hwy 9).
As a designer at Remuda, your main responsibilities will include:
- Create designs from concept through to design development
- Prepare working drawings and construction specifications from approved designs
- Prepare revisions to existing working drawings as required
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Work independently and as part of the team liaising with clients, contractors, engineers, and sales staff
- Prioritize and manage tasks to support scheduled deadlines for projects
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- Organized and effective time management
- Able to balance multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong communicator, active listener, and able to take direction from senior staff when dealing with high work volumes in a detailed and accurate manner
- A team member, able to share equally in the exchange of ideas
- Has an eye for design concepts
Applicants who meet the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- Proficient knowledge of CAD, specifically Auto Desk Products
- Diploma/Certificate in CAD, Architectural or Engineering Design Technology, Construction Technology, or related program of study is an asset
- 2 years of relevant drafting experience in wood frame construction
- Able to use Microsoft Office
- Able to work 8 hours a day M-F
- Have Reliable Vehicle
- Extended Health Benefits after probation
If you are like-minded, self-motivated, and have a positive attitude towards your work, we welcome your application. We offer competitive wages, benefits, a fun work environment, and an awesome company culture. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join the Remuda team! Apply now to be considered for this position.