Currently, we are seeking applications from experienced, self-motivated individuals for the position of HR Coordinator. We take pride in providing great careers for hard working individuals who have a positive attitude and take pride in their work. We offer competitive wages, benefits, a fun work environment, and an awesome company culture.
Who We Are
Remuda Building is a builder headquartered in Rocky View County, Alberta. The business was founded in 2014 to better serve the needs of customers who wanted a broader range of services related to the construction of post-frame buildings. Our purpose is to create unique and sustainable building solutions that provide peace of mind.
Today, Remuda is known across the prairies for quality post frame buildings, for unique finishes and distinct designs, and for extraordinary customer service. The staff at Remuda pride themselves on rising to challenges and delivering on promises.
We are a company of hard-working specialists who value our customers, each other, and a job well done. We care about our community and our neighbors, and we try to give back at every opportunity.
If this sounds like a group of people you’d like to work with and a role you are excited to jump into, we welcome your application. Our head office is located just outside of Calgary, AB (Hwy 1 at Hwy 9).
Check us out at www.remudabuilding.com
What You’ll Do
This position will report to the CEO and work alongside our strategic HR Partners to support and coordinate the Human Resources initiatives of Remuda. This developmental role works collaboratively with individual departments providing support to Remuda’s policies and procedures, process, and HR and People initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining an updated database with all the information about current employees of the company they represent, including personal information, salary, time in the company, and past grievances, if any;
- Keep all documents related to the previously mentioned activities stored in an orderly and compliant fashion.
- Enhance and steward the employee life cycle
- Building engagement within the organization through development and management of meaningful programs and methods of recognition
- Training and development
- Facilitate the development of our staff’s competencies and abilities to effectively perform their duties as well as grow and develop
- Facilitate and manage training materials, researching new training ideas, delivering content, liaising with outsources training partners and managing programming.
- Cordinate the recruitment process:
- Sourcing and hiring to ensure Remuda has the right people in the right positions
- Creating job postings, reviewing resumes, pre-screening, scheduling, interviewing, reference checking, creating offer letters
- Ensuring all probationary procedures and follow-up exercises are completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensuring that new staff are effectively brought into the company in a smooth and thoughtful manner
- Opening a new file for newly hired employees.
- Ensuring that all benefits and compensations that were offered to employees are delivered.
- Providing guidance and assistance to new employees.
- Support the evaluation of the probationary performance of new employees.
- Answering and addressing all questions and queries employees may have regarding their position, compensation and benefits.
- Conducting exit interviews
- Confirming that all processes are followed to efficiently exit employees
- Assisting with payroll and benefits administration:
- Keeping track of employees off time, either due to vacation or sick leave, lates.
- Addressing and answering all payroll related questions and queries.
- Ensuring that payroll is handled according to procedure and that all salaries are correct.
- Providing conflict resolution between employees and company executives regarding special permissions, benefits, and payments.
- Keep accurate records of all employee benefits and extra compensations.
- Assisting with internal event organization and coordination, including recreational events and training activities.
- Assist the Remuda Leadership Team in the development and updating of aligned HR policies and procedures:
- Reviewing and recommending updates to policies to ensure compliance with the everchanging employment standards and regulations present across Canada alongside our strategic HR Partners
- Keep up to date on Occupational Health and Safety policies and requirements alongside SafeBlu (Sub contractor)
- Demonstrated 2+ years of focused experience in Human Resources, it would be a major asset to have exposure to multiple facets of Human Resources (recruitment & selection, performance management, training & development, etc.)
- College Diploma in Human Resources, a university degree would be an asset.
- Working towards a professional designation would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to build excellent relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Understanding of employment standards across Canada
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Flexible work-life balance that includes paid vacation and flex days.
- Modern office 15 minutes east of Calgary, AB near Langdon.
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience
- Extended medical benefits (Life, Disability, Prescription, Extended Health, Dental)
- Human Resources: 2 years (preferred)