Our construction company is looking for an experienced Carpenter to join our team. We specialize in constructing post-frame buildings for rural property owners throughout Alberta. We are looking for hard-working carpenters who have a positive attitude, take pride in their work, and show exceptional attention to detail.
Most work is on-site, working in a small group. The ideal candidate will be willing to travel out of town Monday thru Friday and have transportation to our office east of Calgary near Langdon (Hwy 1 at Hwy 9).
We offer competitive wages, benefits, a fun work environment, and an awesome internal company culture. Compensation is based on experience – out-of-town jobs are entitled to additional compensation for travel time and food allowance. Opportunities for advancement are available for the right applicant. If this sounds like a good fit, we welcome your application.
Carpenter responsibilities and duties
As a carpenter at Remuda you will be responsible for:
- The safe construction and installation of post-frame buildings throughout rural Alberta
- Accurately reading blueprints and designs
- Safely using hand and power tools
- Cleaning up job sites
- Inspect the integrity of structures upon their installation / erection
Carpenter qualifications and skills
- 3 years or more of carpentry/construction experience
- Driver’s license + Access to own vehicle
- Good communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of safety regulations for working at heights
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Knowledge of building codes
- Physically fit and able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, and rigging
- Walk on uneven terrain
- Comfortable with climbing ladders and working at heights
- Move and carry construction materials and supplies that may weigh in excess of 30 kg
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work outdoors in various elements
- Have the stamina and physicality to work long days
Apply today. Join our team and build your career at Remuda.