Join our dynamic team at Remuda, a trusted name in the prairies, known for exceptional post-frame buildings, unique designs, and a wide range of building materials. We take pride in offering competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, a vibrant work environment, and fostering an outstanding internal company culture. If you’re ready to be a part of a growing enterprise, we encourage you to apply.
Remuda is looking for a full-time Estimator to join our team. Reporting directly to the Design & Estimating Manager, the Estimator is a highly valued member of the team. The Estimator is an essential role in the life cycle of every project undertaken by Remuda Supplies, as it establishes the resources, methods, and general framework to be employed by the project team. The successful candidate will have enthusiasm for challenging and unique projects, a passion for visionary design, and broad knowledge of materials, processes, and construction methods.
What You’ll Do
As an Estimator you will:
- Maintain courteous and professional service both internally and externally.
- Be a resource for outside sales.
- Produce cost estimates for potential projects, including lumber and building material packages.
- Perform quantitative take-offs to establish accurate material and delivery costs.
- Solicit feedback, time projections, and cost information from internal staff and external vendors.
- Gather data on past projects to identify trends, commonalities, and rules of thumb.
- Identify and offer solutions for value engineering opportunities that maintain the client’s design intent as well as our high standards.
- Continually evaluate, assess, and ensure that all work performed meets the company’s high standards of quality workmanship.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Who You Are
- A degree or diploma in a relevant field would be an asset: Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Technology, Red Seal Carpentry, etc.
- Experience in construction estimating.
- Understanding of construction processes, techniques, material properties, and standard practices.
- Ability to interpret architectural/construction drawings, written specifications, and contract documents.
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve alongside teammates and individually.
Apply today. Join our team and build your career at Remuda.
Due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.